We went camping at the redwoods, visited Terri Ann's Sister, and took pictures....
There were seals & seal lions everywhere. As you know, I am a dork for animals I got super excited over these aquatic creatures. We stopped for a while to bond with the seal lions and take pictures, they loved Terri. (Sea Lion Woman - Feist- I was singing this song as we visited the sea lions)









Ever seen Fern Gully? We felt like the little fairies in the MASSIVE trees. SOO pretty and more fog of course.



Early the first morning Terri Ann wakes Ruby and me up to help her save the "beached dolphins"......
So we get up and hike the the beach in the cold & rain to find.......
Seals napping on the rocks..... NOT to be confused with "beached Dolphins" haha it was hilarious! we are on the main path and we see a small path leading off.... so for some odd reason they follow me down the whole slippery, prickly, muddy path (they both fell in the mud) and what we found at the bottom.... a THRONE by the beach.. The "beached Dolphins" all swam towards us and popped their curious heads out to stare at us apparently we just as fun to watch as they are. Ruby thought the throne was the most amazing thing and sat on it while Terri and I explored.





While on Agate beach I found a dead baby porpoise so Terri Ann claimed their was a "beached Dolphin" after all. One the lady's that was camping with us is the head of the biology department at an Oregon university. So she taught us all about this porpoise, showed us the blow hole, the muscles that held the tongue and all the other fun stuff.







wow sarah you are getting really good at taking pictures. I am amazed. come take some of my bebe
ReplyDelete